Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Brother in need

I posted this on my blog yesterday, but I wanted to pass it on to all of you.
_______________________________________________________________

Nearing the end of my first day of class, I wanted to post something about how the first day of chapel is always the most packed or how dumb we get by stepping inside Wal-Mart (I went last night, the first day of school here in the Metroplex). Instead I want to share with you about a student here who needs a lot of prayer and any gift you might be able to give.

This afternoon in Evangelism, the teacher was taking prayer requests when a man named Joseph asked for prayer for his wife and kids. They are in Cameroon, where he is from. I didn't get the whole story, but when I bumped into a friend of mine later, Joseph was talking to him.

Joseph came to DTS last year from Cameroon, but had to leave his wife and kids behind. How difficult must it be to move anywhere and leave your family behind, let alone around the world?? It gets worse. Shortly after he moved, his wife gave birth to a daughter. Joseph has been home for a short time to see her, but for nearly her entire first year of life, he has been here. The good news is they are all moving to Dallas. They got their visas two days ago. The problem is, they need about $5,000 to make the move.

Please remember him in your prayers. He has humbly accepted the Lord's direction to move here in order to minister for Him, even though that meant leaving the woman he loves and his children. If you feel led to give, let me know and I'll tell you how to get money to him.

No comments: