I came across an article with some practical tips for preaching a funeral:
- First, spend time with the family of the deceased.
- Second, when you preach keep it short — 12-15 minutes top — unless the family asks you otherwise.
- Three, share the Gospel without fail.
- Fourthly, be the last one to leave.
- Lastly, touch base with the family one week after the funeral.
Do you have any other suggestions or lessons you've learned in doing funerals, or having seen them done?
Any funny or otherwise interesting stories regarding funeral services?
Any particular format you use or favorite Scripture passages or other readings?